it’s uber survey spam time! 2004 in 40 questions! am going to sleep now.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
let me think. i’m not sure, actually, this year has been pretty routine. i think i put alot more conscious and constant effort into work this year than in my entire life
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
probably not because i don’t even remember what my new year resolution was, though if i check up my archives i can probably find it or something. i kept my xmas resolutions though (except for the 50kg one, which i regard as a lost cause anyway) so i feel pretty good about that!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yeah! my cousin renee, whose baby emily is the cutest thing ever. also, my cousin-in-law cynthia is due soon. wheee
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no not really. that’s a good thing i guess. just as a sidenote i think that if i filled this in when i was maybe like 13 or 14 i’d pretend to be a smartass and write that yeah some part of me died or some shit =p yea. always interesting to note!
5. What countries did you visit?
oh, uh. mongolia and japan. =D
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
a driving licence, just for fun. am going to take full advantage of being 18 and get one before i get out of jc, because my mum says i have better things to do than spend my 7 month holiday after the a’s learning how to drive. oh, and of course, good results? (:
7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
the 3rd of march, and 18th of october. one was an anniversary, the other a concert (:
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
i can’t say i did anything particularly achievement-worthy this year. but i learnt alot of things this year, and i’d like to think i grew up abit. perhaps that’s an achievement!
9. What was your biggest failure?
not changing things till they were too late? waiting for things to happen. being passive. that and more. (:
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
no, not this year. not serious anyway. and i only fell sick after promos, which is good.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
this year? possibly a pilot hitecpoint v5 pen. about 20 of them. they’ve seen me through this year! (actually, i don’t know, really)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
um, i have no idea. neek, perhaps, for extreme resilience. or nurul, for turning her own tide. (:
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
i think he knows who he is, but that’s all over now. (:
14. Where did most of your money go?
books, probably. and pens. and food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
i have no idea. the trips i guess (: but this year in jc was kind of exciting in a way
16. What song/s will always remind you of 2004?
oh dear. i have no idea. i usually remember songs by the year i downloaded them, and ever since kazaa died on me i haven’t been downloading much this year at all. maybe house of jazz (by ac/dc) and beautiful child (by fleetwood mac), only because i’ve been looping them like crazy this month.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? oh, much happier. but that’s a recent phenomenon.
ii. thinner or fatter? i think fatter >_< post o-level i lost 3kg or something.
iii. richer or poorer? haha. probably poorer, cos i didn’t buy much last year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
i wish i’d worked harder (but that’s what i always say), and talked more to friends i’ve lost touch with over this year. i miss my sec4 class, as well as everyone i was close to in sec4. like mark! and wenkai, and andi. miss andi like crazy.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasting time (:
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
i don’t know, really. i always have things to do on christmas eve, but never on christmas. morning will be spent in church, probably, i don’t know about the afternoon/night.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
i’d like to think i did, but possibly not. but maybe i’ve learnt to let go.
23. How many one-night stands?
none, none. (:
24. What was your favourite TV program?
water boys? completely in japanese, somemore!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
haha, no probably not. it takes too much effort, though i just tend to avoid anyone i don’t feel like seeing.
26. What was the best book you read?
this year, eh. i think it must be the passion by jeanette winterson. last year it was just above my head, by james baldwin. am still not over him yet, though. he’s good!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
good results? haha. everyone wants those, though. it’s kind of a given.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
oh, 2046. (: even though it was horribly painful and all that jazz.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
honestly, i don’t remember AT ALL. probably in school. i remember it was a wednesday or sth like that. a few days before that i got high on alcohol on a swing somewhere in a park near my best friend’s house watching some guy take off his pants and climb up a lamppost, is all i remember.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
oh. an untroubled mind?! ahahahah
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
i think i wore more skirts this year than in my whole life, only because i grew out of some of my pants and the rest were all winter clothing, and singapore’s weather has been disgustingly hot. and am not really into the berms stage anymore.
34. What kept you sane?
this sounds insane, but history notes (: always helps to take your mind off things.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
johnny depp probably. i was never into brad pitt till i watched troy, so maybe hmm.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
elections? probably. and thio su mien irritates the hell out of me.
37. Who did you miss?
one n, one d, and two js. go figure.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
haha too many, too many.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
get over it =p
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts
hot ashes for trees
hot air for a cool breeze
cold comfort for change
did you exchange a walk on
part in the war for a lead role in a cage
running over the same old ground
what have we found
the same old fears